April 2012 - Kopenhagen Fur
Bourtsos Bros. S.A. does it again! Top Lot at Kopenhagen Fur Auction (23 April 2012)
For the tenth time Bourtsos Bros. S.A. bought the swakara top lot. The price settled at 1650 DKK (297 USD), and though the auction room was not filled with people at the time of purchase, there was still a fierce competition between the buyers to obtain the black swakara top lot.
But there is a deeper meaning behind buying the top lot for such a high price, says Tasos Bourtsos.
- We are swakara specialists, and that means we only work with the highest quality of furs, and that is why we are willing to pay the price for the top lot.
This time the high priced furs were bought with a specific customer in mind.
- The furs will be used for a female customer in Ekaterinburg in Russia, who has ordered a three piece women's collection, and is expecting the best, and that is what she is getting with the top lot.
September 2011 / Kopenhagen Fur
Top Lot at Kopenhagen Fur Auction (15 September 2011)
It is the ninth time that Bourtsos Bros. SA have bought a swakara top lot. They bought the Black swakara top lot for 1,450 DKK (266 USD) per skin. At previous auctions they have bought both Black and White swakara top lots.
-We only want to work with the best quality of swakara, says Anastasios Bourtsos.
Bourtsos Bros. SA work only with swakara, and they want the best quality for their customers. The company has been buying skins at Kopenhagen Fur's auctions for nearly 15 years.
Bourtsos Bros. SA intend to use the lots they bought at this auction for a special collection.
April 2011 / Kopenhagen Fur
Top Lot at Kopenhagen Fur Auction (10 April 2011)
The expectations from the swakara sale at the April auction were high and the prices more than lived up to them.
On 9 April, swakara skins were back in the auction room, and the two top lots - Black and White - were sold at high prices.
Bourtsos S.A., the buyer of the White swakara top lot, is a very well-established swakara retailer.
- This is the eight time we buy a swakara top lot, and we love the skins from Kopenhagen Fur. We are specialized in high quality material, and we are happy to maintain that position, Mr Tasos Bourtsos says. He is the son of Mr Konstantinos Bourtsos, and it is Tasos' first time to visit the auction. He is very pleased that he can continue his father's good work.
The organisation for swakara sales, The Swakara Board of Namibia is very pleased with the sale at the auction.
- This is beyond our wildest dreams. The sale was terrific, and it shows that our work on the improvement of the skin quality has succeeded, Mr. Raimar von Hase, chairman of The Swakara Board of Namibia, says.
April 2010 / Kopenhagen Fur
Swakara expert purchased the top lot at the Kopenhagen Fur Auction (15 September 2010)
A manufacturer of karakul garments since 1975 it certainly was an expert who Sunday outbid all competitors in the Kopenhagen Fur auction room. Konstantinos Bourtsos got the top lot - a bundle of white swakara Purple pelts - at a price of DKK 930.
- I bid because it was the best bundle available, Mr. Bourtsos says and explains that the top quality pelts will be used in the manufacturing of some yet unspecified garment that will be exhibitioned as Bourtsos Konstantinos' main attraction on coming fur fairs at Milan, Paris, Hong Kong, Madrid, Kastoria and Moscow.
It's the sixth time Mr. Bourtsos buys the top lot at Kopenhagen Fur and he only manufactures karakul and swakara.
- I worked with it for many years so it has become my speciality, Mr. Bourtsos says and adds that he only has one wish for the pelts that he has specialised in:
- I wish there were more swakara colours, he says.